Wednesday 5 October 2011

Where Have All the Nice People Gone?

My mommy rant for today...

I am a nice person, sometimes too nice.  I am always concerned about other people - what they think, how they are feeling, what might be beneficial to them - that I sometimes put my own wants/needs/feelings aside.  I think it was the way I was raised -- to be polite, considerate and to keep anything bad we have to say to ourselves -- and that has stuck with me all my life, but the older I get the more I am starting to realize that not everyone is as nice. 

I like to help others - to share and collaborate - without focussing on how it benefits me.  I like to go above and beyond when it comes to customer service, because I would hate for anyone to have anything negative to say about me and my store (that and customer service is extremely important to me!).  I want to make sure everyone is just plain happy with how things are going and would never purposely step on anyone's toes.

BUT  this way of 'being' doesn't seem to be the norm...people seem to be out for themselves, never seem to have anything nice to say to one another, forget to say "thank-you" - my list can go on and on...but the rant must stop somewhere!

After a few not-so-nice encounters with some 'not-so-nice' people, I think I have become jaded...so where have all the nice people gone?


~~~~~~~~
As a side note, I do know many wonderful people too...I guess I just had to get this off my chest!!  That's what rants are for :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment